I’ve noticed over the past few years how many more questions I'm getting about children and psychic abilities, and children sensing or seeing things that aren't there.
Young intuitive children see the world and people as they truly are. They show their sensitivity in such simple ways. For example, if your child encounters someone new and it appears as though they don’t like that person, then I’d suggest that first and foremost, you take a moment to listen to your child.
Your child is probably able to see clairvoyantly, or they’re feeling the colors emanating from the person’s aura. They could also be picking up the energy of the person, and they interpret it as something they’re not comfortable with. The important thing is that you’re totally supportive, and you talk to your child about what they’re feeling.
How can these abilities or spiritual gifts be understood and developed? Rather than look to your child for answers, we must first look within our attitudes, thoughts, and feelings. Parents and teachers have to realize that being intuitive or psychic is normal. There are too many misconceptions.
The word psychic comes from the Greek word psychos, meaning “of the soul.” What this means is that as spiritual beings, we can access, receive and transmit information that reaches beyond our physical body and our natural five senses.
Most children are quite intuitive or psychic until the age of seven. If you want to see a soul in action, watch a child as they enjoy their early years without a care in the world. It’s as if they have one foot here and one foot still in heaven. In reality, they’re living their life through the creative, intuitive right-hand side of the brain—a place of imagination, creativity, magic, and wonder.
Here are 18 typical signs of a psychically sensitive child. Do any of these fit your child? If they do, then you could well have a son or daughter who needs your care and special attention.
1. The child startles easily.
2. The child does not react well to surprises.
3. The child seems to know what others are thinking.
4. The child feels overwhelmed or agitated in noisy environments.
5. The child is highly sympathetic to others—especially other children.
6. The child feels more deeply about things than most kids.
7. The child seems to sense what others are feeling.
8. The child prefers quiet play or being on their own.
9. The child doesn’t do well with sudden changes.
10. The child seems to have an active inner life.
11. The child often asks deep, thought-provoking questions.
12. The child dreams of flying.
13. The child talks about being out of their body and viewing things from above.
14. The child experiences highly vivid dreams that quite often come true.
15. The child has the ability to communicate with animals and nature.
16. The child communicates with angels.
17. The child sees faces while trying to go to sleep.
18. The child is highly artistic or creative.
Parents, here's some tips to help you support your psychic child :
1. Be an aware and observant parent.
2. Be a good listener.
3. Provide a safe and relaxing environment for your child.
4. Teach your child to take good care of their bodies.
5. Learn as much as you can about psychic development.